EPO VALIDATION (TURKEY)
Pursuant to the provisions of the Act on Filing of European Patent Applications and the Effects of the European Patent in TURKEY, the protection of the European patent in TURKEY is obtained by filing a translation of the specification of the European Patent into Turkish with the Turkish Patent within 3 months as from the date of publication of the mention of the grant of a European patent by the European Patent Office. Failure to comply with this procedure results in the lack of recognition of validity of a European patent in the territory of TURKEY.
Documents should be filed are;
European patent publication page of grant decision (so-called B1 Document),
Turkish translation of European Patent Specifications,
Declaration signed by Turkish Patent Attorney confirming that Turkish translation is same as the original text,
Request for validation and payment receipt of official fee required for validation.
Applicants, who reside outside of Turkey, must be represented by a Turkish patent attorney. At that point, Normpatent as announced the 17th largest Intellectual Property firm in Turkey at latest Turkish Patent Report would be glad to assist you in EP validation process with it’s;
• More than 15 years experiences and expertise,
• IP portfolio management system,
• 2 point reminder system for annuites
• Qualified and certified translator,
• Prompt replies to inquires,
Please feel free to contact us for your inquires such as;
- Extensions of time to validate European patent in Turkey.
- Possibilities of re-establisment of rights
- Official and professional fees.
- Translation of description, claims and abstract
- Annuity intervals